IPA Technical committee is a core team that is involved in making various standards of
IPA. Till now IPA as published many standards such as:
- Uniform Plumbing Code – India (UPC – I), a document of current global standards covering
all the aspects of design and installation of modern plumbing systems. UPC – I, first edition
published in February, 2008 was updated and a more comprehensive revised version was
published in November, 2011 and in November 2014 the same was published with revision and
- Green Plumbing Code Supplement – India (GPCS – I) in 2010.
- Uniform Swimming Pool Code– India (USPC – I) in February 2011, a first for India.
- Water Efficient Products – India (WEP – I) in 2011.
- Uniform Solar Energy Code – India (USEC – I) in 2012.
At present the Technical committee is working on “Good Plumbing Practices – Users’ Guide”
and the Technical Team had Two day meet at Silvassa from 23rd January 2015 to 24th January
2015 wherein following members of Technical committee attended the meeting:
||Mr. Sudhakaran Nair,
Chairman – World Plumbing Council & President – Indian Plumbing Association.
||Mr. B. S. A. Narayan
Vice President Indian Plumbing Association & Chairman – IPA Technical Committee
||Mr. John Joseph
Jt. Secretary Indian Plumbing Association & Member – IPA Technical Committee
||Mr. M.K. Gupta
Chairman Indian Plumbing Association Delhi Chapter & Member – IPA Technical Committee
||Mr. P. Ramachandran
Chairman Indian Plumbing Association Cochin Chapter & Member – IPA Technical
||Mr. Sunil Kumar Duggal
Member – IPA National Executive Committee and IPA Technical committee
||Mr. Subhash Deshpande
Member – IPA Technical committee
We requested the President to have one evening for one – to –one interactive seminars with the
prominent Silvassa Builders to promote the importance of plumbing which he agreed. The said
meet was organized on 23rd evening wherein following were present:
- 1. Mr. Amit Agrawal – Park City Developers
- 2. Mr. Sumit Agrawal – Park City Developers
- 3. Mr. Ajit Bhai – Prashant Developers
- 4. Mr Dinesh Bhai – Datta Developers
- 5. Mr. Dhruv Parmar – Just Exotica Developers
- 6. Mr. Nirmal Jain – Silvassa Estates Pvt Ltd.
- 7. Mr. Raju Maniyar – Architect, Mumbai
Though the interaction started late but it was very interesting meet of more than one and half
hour. Some photos are enclosed herewith for information.
We also took the opportunity to invite Mr. Sudhakaran Nair along with all the Technical
Committee members to our factory which they readily accepted.
The visit was very interesting and all the members took immense interest in the manufacturing
operations as well as Quality Control Facility. They also planted trees in the factory.
I am enclosing the extracts of their comments in the visitors’ book after the visit as well as some